A calcium-alginate dressing which forms a soft, gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate.
- Helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management.
- When used in a moderate to highly exuding wound, the dressing forms a soft gel, which does not adhere to the delicate healing tissues in the wound bed.
- The production of a gel by the action of exudate on the alginate fibers creates a moist wound environment at the wound surface – This helps prevent eschar formation and promotes an optimal moist wound environment.
- The dressing allows wound contraction to occur, which may help reduce scarring and also allows gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed.
- Conforms to wound contours- Can be molded, folded or cut to meet a wide range of wound shapes and sizes.
- Fast gelling, high mannuronic acid fibers.
- The advanced bonding technique means low fiber shed.
- Highly absorbent – High wet and dry strength.
- Soft and conformable.
- The dressing can remain in the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the nature of the wound and the volume of exudate.
- Easy to remove – The dressing can be easily lifted out of the wound in one piece, or washed out with saline.
- Latex free.
ALGISITE M may be used for the management of minor conditions such as:
- Skin tears
- Minor burns