J Collis Browne’s Mixture is a treatment that can be used to relieve symptoms of diarrhoea, stomach upsets, and coughs. It contains a low dose of anhydrous morphine, which helps the digestive tract to slow down the contractions of the intestine and allow more water to be absorbed from undigested food. Peppermint oil is added to relax the spasms in the gut that cause stomach pains and upsets linked to diarrhoea. J Collis Browne’s Mixture is also used to relieve dry and unproductive coughs by suppressing the reflexes which produce coughing.
Please consult a doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms
- Allergic reactions (rash, hives, itching, wheezing)
- Drowsiness or difficulty sleeping.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Muscle twitching, spasms or muscle rigidity.
- Dizziness or fainting.
- Changes in heart rate or palpitations (awareness of your heartbeat)
- Fits (seizures).
- Change in eyesight e.g. blurred vision, pinpoint pupils, unusual eye movement.
- Confusion, mood changes, feeling restless, excited or agitated. Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things).
- Severe abdominal or back pain, e.g. caused by bile duct problems