Dettol Liquid is an effective concentrated antiseptic solution that kills bacteria and protects against the germs which can cause infection and illness. It can be used for antiseptic cleansing of minor wounds caused by cuts, bites, grazes, insect stings; for dandruff, spots and pimples and if medically advised, for personal hygiene.
Directions For Use
Wash the affected area with two and a half teaspoons (12.5ml) of Dettol liquid diluted in 1/2 pint (1/4 litre) water. Cover with dry gauze or lint.
When medically advised: Two teaspoons (10mls) in 2 pints (1L) water.
One tablespoon in 1pt (1/2 L) warm water. Pour over scalp. Leave for 10 mins before shampooing.
Spots and pimples:
One tablespoon (15ml) in 1/2 pt (1/4L) of warm water. Bathe affected area daily. Do not use around eyes, ear, nose or mouth. If contact is made with the eyes, nose or mouth, wash them thoroughly with cold water. If swallowed, wash out mouth and drink plenty of water or milk. In both cases, consult a doctor and take this bottle with you.
Do not use Dettol Liquid:
- On eczema or similar dry skin conditions
- If you are allergic to Chloroxylenol or any of the other ingredients
- After the expiry date printed on the bottle
- Do not use undiluted
- Do not swallow
- Not recommended for use round cats
Active ingredients: Dettol liquid contains Chloroxylenol 4.8% w/v as the active substance.
Also contains: Pine oil, Isopropyl alcohol, Caramel, Water and Caustic Soda Solution.
Also contains Castor Oil which may cause skin reactions.